Copy, Move and Change log for Applications

Hi,

When using the application templates there was a possibility to:

1. Move the created site to a new customer.

2. Copy a created site

3. View the change log for the site.

Is it possible to add these features also to the application created using the RapidM2M Studio??

Is there a possibility to add this to a custom POV??

Thanks in Advance.

Hello @kaushikgowrisankar,

some of these features are still present for development sites and sites based on IoT-Apps.
You can access these settings via the following button for your site:

In these settings you should find the button to move the site to a new customer.

The changelog is also present in this menu, in the bottom right corner.

To my knowledge the “copy” functionality is not available anymore for development sites and sites based IoT Apps.

Was this information helpful enough for you?

Kind regards,
Stefan

Hallo Stefan,

Thank you for your answer. Glad to know that these features are still present.

My Question: How do I add these features to my IoT-App when I have a custom POV. Specifically the vue.js modules and functions I need to add to my details.vue.

Could you provide me with an example? Or the code to the POV for the site you have shown??

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
Kaushik

Hello @kaushikgowrisankar,

the functions I showed in my previous answer, are always present in the specific configuration settings via the “pencil” button.
These settings are seperated from the custom POV, therefore you do not need to add these manually via the POV. That means I did not add any specific code to show these settings.

For clarification I will try to explain this in more detail via the following screenshot:

1. The settings you can access via the “pencil” button are always present and do not depend on a custom POV.

2. In this case via the “myDataconC3” button, you can access the application specific POV, which would be for example your custom POV.

In summary, the two menu points lead to two different settings. The first is predefined and therefore always present. The second is your custom POV, which can be freely programmed.

Kind regards,
Stefan

1 Like

Hallo Stefan,

Thank you so much for your answer. This is exactly what I needed to know.

Previously on my application templates I added these elements to my custom POV, so they were always visible irrespective of option 1 or 2. This is why I asked for examples or code. Anyway. This is not required anymore.

Cheers
Kaushik.