Debug DLO (device logic)

Hi,

what is the recommended way to debug the DLO in rM2M Studio? Is there a way to set breakpoints, watch variables, etc.?

I know that it’s possible to print messages to the debug console, but I’m interested if there are more advanved debugging options.

Best regards,

Stefan

Hello @stefan.winkler,

setting breakpoints is not possible. To watch the contents of a variable you can use the “#watch()” or “#log()” function.

Using the “#log()” function the current value of the variable is issued via the console.
Using the “#watch()” function the current value of the variable is issued via the watch panel.

Here is an example:

CODEbed

TESTbed

The advantage of using the “#log()” function over the “printf()” function is that the debug outputs of the “#log()” function also contain a link to jump directly to the position in the code where the function was called.

If you are using the “#watch()” function it is also possible to get an entry in the console each time the “#watch()” function updates the output.

The watch panel can also be used to watch the contents of the “histdata0-9” container (see Tutorial “My first IoT project” Stage 4 step 28) and the “config0-9” (seeTutorial “My first IoT project” Stage 5 step 22) container.
The content of the “histdata0-9” and “config0-9” displayed in the watch panel is updated automatically approximately every 5 seconds.

Kind regards
Josef

Hello @stefan.winkler,
it is currently not possible to set breakpoints, but we are currently evaluating how we can implement this function. At the moment we cannot indicate when breakpoints will be available.

Kind regards
Microtronics Engineering