LIB Patch current head

Hi rapid M2M community,

if I make a change to my lib and publish it via .exports using patch current head, the change is not available in the project that uses the lib.
I first have to remove the lib from the project and re-integrate it, then the changes are active.
Is this behavior wanted, or would it not be more for a release that is not downwardly compatible?

Best regards,
Marcel

Hi Marcel,
what parts (dlo, help, …) aren’t available after the patch?
The dlo part should be loaded correctly after the project recompiles.
With the live help information we’re currently investigating why it doesn’t update correctly.

Best regards,
Jakob

Hi Jakob,

thanks for your help.

Here’s another update:
After changing a function in the Lib and export, in a project that uses the Lib, I have to comment out the changed function and comment it in again, then recompile the projekt. The change is then active.

Best regards,
Marcel

PS:
the dlo part has this porblem…

Hi Jakob,

Perhaps this behavior is different when updating an app via the App Cener. I haven’t tried that yet. I’m currently still testing in the studio. Changes to functions (dlo, help) in the lib are not automatically made in the project. I have to comment out the function call first. When you comment in again, the changes are then active. This can also be seen in the studio on the automatic documentation. If, for example, function parameters have been renamed, the new names only appear after the function has been commented in again.

Kind regards,
Marcel

Hi Marcel,
You’re right, I have seen that we currently have some problems with the automatic recompile if a library is patched.
As you have already found out, a manual recompile does fix this problem. Therefore any change in your dlo codebase would enable your updated library.
This problem should be fixed within the next days.

Kind regards,
Jakob

Hi Jakob,

thank you for your reply.
I’ll wait for the next chagelog and then test it again.

Best regards,
Marcel