T32x accu specifications and SOC

Hello rapid M2M community,

I am in the process of building up a SOC management at the T32.
In addition, I had a few questions about the power supply:

1. Is there already a complete SOC handling apart from access to the battery voltage?
  2. What kind of battery is installed, LiPo, Li-Ion?
  3. Which discharge voltage is involved here?
  4. At what voltage is the uplink deactivated etc.?

Best regards,
Marcel

Hello @mklueh,

A 500mAh LiPo battery is built into the rapidM2M T32x.
Max. Operating Voltage Range: 2.75V to 4.20V.
Discharge Cut Off: 2.75V

Kind regards
Microtronics Engineering

Hello @mklueh

• Currently no SOC handling is implemented in the rapidM2M T32x but we are working on it.
  • The uplink is deactivated at 3.3V and reactivated at 3.4V. (i.e. a hysteresis of 0.1V is used)

Kind regards
Microtronics Engineering

Thank you very mach for the information.
Additionaly I`ve one more question:

Please can you tell me a bit more about the pins 6,7 and 8:
6 USN_VBUS: Can I only grab the USB voltage on this pin or is it possible to power the device on it?
7 VMODULE: Can I power the device on this pin, which voltage range is possible?
8 VOUT: Ist this an analogoutput, how can I activate it?

Best regards,
Marcel

Hello @mklueh,
You can also supply the rapidM2M T32x via pin 6 “USB_VBUS”. This is just like powering the rapidM2M T32x via the USB-C connector.

Pin 7 “VMODULE” can be used to connect an alternative external supply voltage. However, in this case, the rapidM2M T32x is supplied directly and not via the charge controller. This means that the internal rechargeable battery is not charged. When supplied via “USB_VBUS”, the internal rechargeable battery is also charged. The voltage range for Pin 7 “VMODULE” is 3…5VDC

See Block Diagram for details.

Pin 8 “VOUT” is a switchable 3,3V supply output. Use the T32_VOutOn() function to activate the output voltage and T32_VOutOff() to switch off the output voltage

Detailed answers to your questions can be found in the user manual of the rapidM2M T32x (see User manual rev.01, also available in German Benutzerhandbuch Rev. 01) in the chapters

• 3 Specifications
  • 4.5.1 Block diagram
  • 7.4.1 Connection of additional sensors and the alternative power supply
  • 13.2.17 Outputs

Kind regards
Josef